Please read this privacy notice carefully as it sets out how Clearwater and its affiliates, (“Kingspan”) use your personal information.
At Clearwater, we are committed to processing personal information about our customers in ways that comply with our legal obligations as well as being clear with our customers about what we do with their personal information. We share your concern about the protection of your personal information and are committed to safeguarding your privacy.
We will be the “controller” of the personal information which you provide to us or which we collect from you.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. This document covers information we collect about you.
Some of the key points of Clearwater’s privacy statement are:
- We will never sell your data to third parties
- We will make it easy for you to manage your information, and you can change your communication preferences at any time
- We do use data to help us provide great customer service, which includes tailoring the information we share with you to help ensure that it’s relevant, useful and timely
1. Personal information that we collect
We collect a range of personal information relating to you, including your:
- email address;
- company name
- telephone number;
- postal address;
- project name
- IP address; and;
- any other personal information that you choose to provide to us when you complete our online contact forms or otherwise make contact with us.
2. How we use your personal information
We use your personal information as follows:
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to investigate and respond to potential violations of law or of our website policies as well as to potential breaches of our or relevant third parties’ systems and networks;
- to identify you and communicate with you;
- to keep internal records;
- to develop products and services;
- to fulfil your requests and answer your queries or complaints;
- for market research and to assess marketing strategies and campaigns;
- if you already are a customer or other contact of ours, to update our information about our contact with you on our customer relationship management system;
- to deliver our own products and services to you;
- to market our own products and services to you; through means such as newsletters and invitations to events; and
You acknowledge and confirm your acceptance for Clearwater to process your personal data for the purposes listed above.
We would like to provide you with information about Clearwater’s products and services, and other information from Clearwater, which we think you may find interesting. We may send you such information by post, email, and/or telephone if you agree we can or unless you have asked us not to do so (see below).
We do not provide your personal information to external organisations (i.e. to contractors, merchants, distributors and retailers, which are outside of Clearwater) for their own direct marketing in relation to Clearwater products and services without your explicit consent.
If at any time you do not want your information used for direct marketing purposes by a Clearwater company, please contact the relevant Clearwater company from which you have received marketing so that they can unsubscribe you from their marketing lists. If you have received email marketing from a Clearwater company and decide that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from them, you will be able to opt out of receiving further email marketing from them by following an unsubscribe link in the email, or by such other means as we may communicate to you, including but not limited to telephone and post.
Please note that as we do not as a group operate a global marketing database which means we are unable to unsubscribe you from marketing from all Clearwater companies centrally.
4. How we share your personal information
- In addition, we may share your personal information with:
- third party providers in order for us to process payments that are due to us, in doing so we provide bank card details to such providers;
- licensed credit reference agencies, debt collection agencies and lawyers when we carry out credit checks, to report on your payment performance and/or or seek to recover debts due to us;
- our accountants, auditors, lawyers or similar advisers when we ask them to provide us with professional advice;
- emergency services in the event that we need to report accidents or incidents or request emergency assistance;
- any Government Department, public body or other third party where we believe in good faith that the law requires this; in the interests of public health and safety; or in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Clearwater, its employees or others;
5. How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is collected, taking into account, but not limited to, any legal obligations we have to retain data for certain periods of time, in order to fulfill warranty/product guarantee obligations. Thereafter we will erase your information securely once it is no longer needed.
Clearwater is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures where relevant to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
7. Your rights
You have the right to be informed that we hold your personal data, the right of access to that data we hold, the right to rectification of any errors in that data, the right to erasure, sometimes referred to the right to be forgotten, the right to restrict how we process your data, the right to data portability and the right to object to how we process your data.
These rights can be exercised at any time. They are not absolute and are subject to certain exceptions and/or qualifications.
8. Updating this statement
We review our privacy practices from time to time. We ask that you bookmark and periodically review this page for updates to our Privacy Statement.
9. Contact us
For further information regarding these rights, about this Privacy Statement generally or to make a complaint please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +44 28 3836 4400. This policy was updated May 2018.
Before assessing your request, we may request additional information in order to identify you. If you do not provide the requested information and, as a result we are not in a position to identify you, we may refuse to action your request.
If after contacting Clearwater you are still unhappy you may also complain to the Information Commissioner, all contact details are available on the Information Commissioner‘s Website: ico.org.uk